Thursday, September 27, 2007

I listened to kiosk album (I am not sure about the spelling of kiosk). This band is quiet famous now days.

I was not so impressed. Actually, their music or lyrics do not turn me on neither bring me in meditative mood. I am not so familiar with new Persian band and their style, but I think Kiosk band tries to bring some thing new, their lyric are colloquial and remonstrative. Their music is influenced by rock, alternative, and jazz style (I think). Additionally, band’s vocalist must be one of the biggest fans of PinkFloyd (I do not want to juxtaposes these two band at all, but anyway, everything can remind me of Pinkfloyd).

Their song attends to our current situation and presents our problematic life, which we have already sensed. It maybe a good job for group of protester, but as music band, to my notion, they should not be that much specific. I use the word present on purpose. Further more, to be prosperous artist, you should not only present; in contrast, you should represent in your perspective, you should transmute reality to your movement, music, and lyrics. I think they are so descriptive, which is also pervasive Iranian approach. We just excessively talk, complain, and curse with our sonorous scornful sound (you can say and write in … way).